Step Tranovich in Bed with Eva

 


Step is the queer gender fluid disabled creator of Cute Little Fuckers, which are gender-inclusive shaped like adorable monster characters! Step was recently honored as one of Bitch Media’s most impactful artists, activists, and creators of 2020. Step works hard to build a future where sexual expression is both more accessible and inclusive.

Pronouns: They/them


Cripping Up Sex: On this episode of in Bed with Eva, we have Step! Tell me your name and pronouns and a bit about what you do.

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Hey hey, super happy to be here! My name is step, my pronouns are they them, though sometimes I like to spice it Up

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: And what I do is make adorable sex toys!

 

Cripping Up Sex: Yes, they are so cute!!

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: I started my own sex toy company called the cute little fuckers where we make adult toys shaped like adorable monster characters, explicitly for all genders! All of them!

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Yay!

 

Cripping Up Sex: How did you get started with creating cute monster sex toys?

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Well a couple of years ago some friends and I were hanging out in my room talking about how most of the sex toys out there didn’t make us feel great in our various gender expressions, especially the trans and non-binary people in the group. Somehow the idea of Pokémon sex toys came up and we all we’re like, “I would love that”

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: I didn’t get to make them right away, I had that idea sitting in the back of my mind for a year or so

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Then I had some crazy health issues start happening to me where I lost a lot of use of my hands and had to leave my previous career. I have no idea what the hell I was going to do, but then this idea of cute monster sex toys popped in my head and I thought, why not let’s give it a go.

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: But yeah, With the help of some members of my community and a whole lot of patience, I made some prototypes and then a kick starter campaign and then so so so much more, it feels surreal to be where we are now!

 

Cripping Up Sex: That's so cool! Can you tell us about the toys you have available now?

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: I’d love to! So we have three toys currently available. The first is an adorable purple octopus puppy fusion named Princette Puppypus

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Princette’s Pronouns are they/them or the Royale ‘We’, and their favorite things are pizza and butts. But don’t be fooled, they are far from just a butt plug! I made them to be really ergonomic for external stimulation and all sorts of other play!

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Next we have Starsi whose pronouns are Starsi. Starsi Loves napping and hiding things. The toy was made with a lot of versatility in mind. This is a flat or wider toy that can cover a lot of surface area but also has plenty of points for pinpoint stimulation, lots of texture on the belly, and smooth curves on the back.

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Last but not least we have Trinity, with their partners Tripp & Trine. Their pronouns are she, he, and xe respectively. They are polyamorous together :-) this is a great insertable toy to hit some nice deep places inside you while the two protrusions stimulate the G spot and prostate

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: And those are our three friends!

 

Cripping Up Sex: Those sound awesome! And I love that each one has a story and personality

 

Cripping Up Sex: What has the response been to your toys?

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Super phenomenal, almost overwhelmingly so.

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: From the very beginning people have been stoked. Our kick starter campaign was fully funded in only 12 hours, something I never would’ve guessed

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Now that the toys are out we keep getting so much great press, I can’t believe it. We’ve been featured in Cosmopolitan and TechCrunch and so so so many more

 

Cripping Up Sex: Wow, that's amazing!

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: It fills my heart with so much joy every single time I hear about how much people are loving our toys, and it happens a lot! My heart is filled with a lot of joy! We’ve gotten so many positive reviews on our website that I’m almost worried that people will think we are cheating and stacking the reviews, but I promise we aren’t!

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: It especially makes me happy when queer and trans and disabled people reach out saying they never felt accepted in the sex toy world until they found our toys. Helping people really connect with themselves is such an incredible feeling. I’m so grateful for the opportunity

 

Cripping Up Sex: I know toys made and for gender variant and/or disabled people are hard to come by, so I am not surprised that people are stoked about your toys!

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: 💗 😄

 

Cripping Up Sex: Yeah I feel the same way when I do a class and people tell me that this is the first time they had a chance to talk about sex openly afterward

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: It’s so good. Probably even the best part about what we do

 

Cripping Up Sex: I am curious when you reach out to sex toy shops to distribute your toys, what were their responses like?

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: We’ve had a ton of success with stores and also some... Less than flattering responses

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: The way I conceptualize it, the world of sex toys has two different camps. One is the sex-positive, body-positive, sexual wellness side of things, or I would say where both you and I largely exist. Then the other camp is more of the old guard way of looking at things. Stores that view sex as a vice rather than a healthy part of human expression.

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: For the most part, stores in the sex-positive and sexual wellness side of things are so excited when they see my toys! They see that we are doing something different, that we are doing something inclusive, and we are doing it super high-quality, and they love it

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Those stores on the old guard side of things tend to see our toys with a lot of skepticism. If it doesn’t look like a dick, is it really a sex toy? Lol!

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: That being said, there are a number of exceptions. Some of the sex-positive world still afraid of change, especially queer and disabled and playful change. And some people in the old guard are starting to recognize a changing world and trying to adapt to be a part of it.

 

Cripping Up Sex: That's so interesting!

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: I think those that do adapt are going to find more longevity in their business come out while those that don’t will die off with the times.

 

Cripping Up Sex: Do you have any new toys in the works that you can talk about?

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: We do have several new toys In the works! And I am so freaking excited about them!

 

Cripping Up Sex: Ooooooo

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: We aren’t ready to share too many details yet, but what we can say yes we have been listening to everything people have been saying on the publications and reviews and are really excited to be Incorporating all of this & more into the new toys.

 

Cripping Up Sex: I am so excited to see what the new toys are gonna be like!!

 

Cripping Up Sex: Where would you like to see society’s attitudes towards sex toys and disability go in the future?

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Yes, and they are Yes, and they are SO FREAKING CUTE

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: As far as possible from that old guard way of viewing things :p

 

Cripping Up Sex: Lol that's the best way to do it!

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: I want society more and more to recognize sex as a form of healthy human expression, and there’s a form of expression I’d like us to drop the narrative that there is a right way of doing it. Sex can be fun and explorative should be collaborative.

 

Cripping Up Sex: I agree

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: I feel pretty similarly with disability. We have such rigid definitions of what life and success should look like our cultures, and that really doesn’t include a huge percentage of people with all sorts of varied abilities. Life doesn’t need to be so goal-oriented and cutthroat to those who don’t fit them all. Just like sex, life can be fun and explorative and should be collaborative! And that should be especially true for people’s relationship with ability and how they can fit into cultural narratives

 

Cripping Up Sex: I fucking love that

 

Cripping Up Sex: Where would you like to see cute little fuckers go in the future?

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: EVERYWHERE :p

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Lol

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: But really, I am just excited to explore more of what’s possible and have even more people know and love what we are doing. We are currently looking into international distribution, and I am so excited about sharing this sex positivity and gender inclusion on other continents! I’m really excited about the new toys that will even further the net of people who can love our toys and all of the different ways they can love themselves with them. And I’m just excited to see our community and culture grow 🙂

Cripping Up Sex: Awesome, let's get cute little fuckers all over the world! Well, that was my last question Step, is there anything else you would like our readers to know?

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: In February we will have just launched Limited edition colors for our original three toys which people can find on our website! We will also be running a Valentine’s Day sale on the site. So people should check both of those out!

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: The limited-edition toys are Indigo Trinity, Rose Starsi, and Platinum Princette

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: And really truly, thank you to every one of you who has loved our toys and shared what we are doing. I am endlessly grateful for each and every one of you 💗

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: And I am especially grateful for you, Eva!

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Thanks so much for having me on your show and for generally being just the most fucking awesome

 

Cripping Up Sex: Aw! I am glad to have you! This was awesome, have a great rest of your day!

 

Step @ Cute Little Fuckers: Youuuuuuuu toooooooooo


     step@cutelittlefuckers.com

https://www.cutelittlefuckers.com/

@cutelittlefkers


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ani DiFranco In Bed with Eva

Laura Wolford In Bed with Eva

Alix Olson is In Bed with Evan